Business as a Platform for Change
The FORTUNE CEO Initiative is a forum for corporate leaders who are committed to addressing major social problems as part of their core business strategies. The Initiative grew out of an historic meeting of 100 CEOs with Pope Francis at the Vatican in December 2016, and is based on a belief that infusing broader purpose into corporate strategies has become increasingly important in attracting and motivating talent, deepening bonds with consumers, steadying corporate reputation in an era of declining trust, and preserving a well-functioning society in a time of political tumult.
Through annual gatherings and monthly calls CEO Initiative members exchange best practices and leadership techniques for addressing key issues, and work to identify opportunities for collective action. Participation is by invitation only, and benefits of membership in the CEO Initiative will extend beyond the annual meeting. Click here to read a compilation of CEO Initiative collaborative reports from 2020.
FORTUNE CEO INITIATIVE 2021: A New Path Forward: Collaborating to Solve the Challenges of People and Planet
Through monthly conversations and the annual meeting September 13-14, 2021, in Washington, D.C., the CEO Initiative convenes leaders to share best practices, make meaningful connections and identify new opportunities to advance stakeholder capitalism. This year, the CEOI will be emphasizing the role of public-private partnerships through Collaboratives in four strategic areas:
The CEOI Collaborative Working Toward a Sustainable World
Fortune editorial chair: Alan Murray, Chief Executive Officer, FORTUNE
Building a green economy that expands opportunity while reducing waste and CO2 emissions.
The CEOI Collaborative on Redesigning the Workplace
Fortune editorial chair: Ellen McGirt, Senior Editor, FORTUNE
Rethinking culture and retraining people to build an inclusive, economically secure workforce.
The CEOI Collaborative on Infrastructure that Works for Humanity
Fortune editorial chair: Matt Heimer, Senior Editor, FORTUNE
Reimagining housing, transportation, and communications to rebuild the post-pandemic city and close the urban-rural wealth gap.
The CEOI Collaborative on Tech that Works for Everyone
Fortune editorial chair: Clifton Leaf, Editor-in-Chief, FORTUNE
Envisioning and guiding the ethical and wise use of technology as a unifying, equitable force in business and society.
Fortune will convene 60-minute virtual conversations for each CEOI Collaborative in the coming months. At the annual in-person meeting there will be breakout sessions for each of the four CEOI Collaboratives with public and private sector leaders to develop ideas and recommendations to translate new approaches into business strategies.
The benefits of membership in the FORTUNE CEO Initiative include:
- Participation in the annual meeting September 13-14, 2021.
- CEO Initiative Collaboratives - We bring together members for discussions focused on the Initiatives 7 core themes and the shared belief that infusing broader purpose into corporate strategies is increasingly important in attracting and motivating talent, deepening bonds with consumers, and steadying corporate reputation.
- Virtual Calls – Occurring monthly, these calls provide a forum for CEOI members to share ideas and approaches with other CEOI members. Our objective is to understand how each of our members are leading, planning, and thinking in both the short and longer term.
- Video Interview - CEOI members have the opportunity to participate in a video interview series by a FORTUNE staffer, highlighting your business with purpose, and published on Fortune.com.
- Complimentary invitations and special opportunities to attend select FORTUNE events, including FORTUNE Brainstorm Health and the FORTUNE Global Forum for you and executives from your company.
- Premium-level access across all FORTUNE media platforms. In addition, your membership will include complimentary access to FORTUNE’s new platforms and products including subscriber-only journalism online; an immersive video portal including FORTUNE conferences via live stream or on demand; proprietary research each week; and subscriber-only calls.
Participation is by invitation only, and benefits of membership in the CEO Initiative extend beyond the annual meeting, and includes frequent virtual conversations. Annual membership is $15,000.
The CEO Initiative is developed with the guidance of FORTUNE editors, and the program is tailored with themes and speakers carefully selected to deliver maximum value to participants.
For Speaker Suggestions:
To suggest a speaker for the FORTUNE CEO Initiative, please complete the form at the link below. There are no exact deadlines for speaker submissions.
Please click here to submit a speaker suggestion.
Membership in the FORTUNE CEO Initiative is by invitation only, and subject to approval. Registration is non-transferable. The annual membership fee of US $15,000 includes all member benefits. Participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel charges for all events. The staff for the event will provide more information about accommodations.
For Sponsorship Opportunities:
A limited number of corporate sponsors opportunities are available for 2021. Please contact us for more information.
For Press Inquiries:
Senior Manager of Brand Communications, FORTUNE